Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Birthday ODB!

March is crazy ridiculous with Birthday's in our family.  We have cousins, my mom, myself, brother-in-law, nephew, a brand spankin' new niece, and the main topic of this blog...my husband!

Today my OLD man turns 30.  He is 5 days younger than me, and for those 5 days...he busts me about being old to the point of no return.  This year he has called me "Oldie Hawn", "Oldilocks" and much more...Haha.  This morning I made sure to wish "Todd Oldman" a Happy Birthday.

I always try to make sure his day is special and rememberable.  Last night, I had to start preparing his birthday dinner.  As most know, I do not fair well with meat but the husband is a Chef and I have to make him something special.  I picked him up 2 Filet Mignon (pronounced Mig-nin).  I had to start the marination process last night, so unfortunately I had to let him in on the surprise.  He asked me how I was going to prepare it.  Lol.  Hint:  If a Chef asks you how you will prepare and cook something...just ask them how they would do it, cause that is really what they are getting at.  So, the Mignons are marinated to Mark's liking and I am sure he will be watching over me while I cook them.  Which is absolutely fine with me!

After he fell asleep, I decorated the house with balloons and signs and finished up this morning by placing out his presents.   I love celebrating his birthday more than my own.  Without a doubt, it is better to give than it is to receive.  After a relaxing dinner and special sweet dessert, this old couple will be retiring for some much needed sleep! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARKY!  We love you so much!

Photobucketand Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment