Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Kids Don’t ALWAYS Make the Right Decisions

Life is tough and there are so many obstacles that one must overcome. Drugs, drinking, sex and so much more are being introduced at ages that surprise the heck out of anyone!

I grew up in what most people would think, myself included, a picture perfect household. Mom, Dad, sister, brother, pets. My sister and brother both followed the rules and steered clear of negative influences. Me not so much, I was always the “rebel” in my family. As my amazing Aunt Alyce always told me, “They threw the mold away when they made you!” This is something I will never forget.

Although I was the so called rebel, I was never looked down upon in my family. Mistakes and experiences are what made me who I am today.  I learned from this time in my life…and I think I turned out pretty darn good. No matter what I did, my parents always treated me with the same respect they gave my siblings and they never bring up the past to down me now. And for that I thank you mom and dad!

My parents are amazing! And I take how they raised me to heart. They taught me to respect others, to love, to learn, to be independent, to earn things and so much more.

Now I have a little one and I see so much of myself in this baby girl, I know I am in trouble. Haha! Both Mark and I were the rebels in our families…so we will take our experiences and positively use them to our advantage in raising our children.

Being a kid is hard enough without having to worry about what someone is saying about you. All kids make mistakes, but it is our job to turn it into something positive that they can learn from. I will always give my children the respect they deserve!

Photobucket

1 comment: