Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Language Explosion!!!

Our little smarty pants is starting to put phrases and small sentences together.  Although we knew this was going to happen, it is still such an awesome feat!  Mark and I cannot get enough of hearing her sweet, soft spoken voice.  I know, I know…I say this now!  But seriously, it feels so good when she actually directs things to us now.

We have been teaching her manners such as excuse me, please and thank you.  Can I just tell you how wonderful it is to hear your little one say “Thank you, Mommy”?  I’m sure most have experienced this, but it is new for us and just feels absolutely terrific!  She said “Thank you, Daddy” to Mark and he was floored.

Lately, when I tuck her in she gets into Stewie mode (Family Guy).  None stop saying “Mommy, Mommy, Mommy” and when I look at her and ask, “yes, baby?”  She responds by saying “Mommy Ni-Ni”.  Totally the best medicine for any kind of stress! 

She is also learning opposites.  She knows that the heater and the oven are HOT.  When we head to daycare on a chilly morning and we step outside she says “hawt”.  This cracks me up!  So I correct her and let her know that it is cold, says repeats “cole, cole”. 

Her newest challenge is UP and DOWN.  She knows down, but is saying it when she wants to get up. She will stretch her arms out and say “don, don” when she wants to be picked up.  We let her know that it is UP, she then says “uppy uppy”.  It is too cute! 

For fun...here are some random pictures and a video of Ella wearing shoes.  The video is pretty funny cause she gets upset at the end for no good reason.  I think she got annoyed cause she stepped on the one foot and couldn't move it.   Haha!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment