Thursday, February 17, 2011

Heart Breaker

Last night, Ella wanted nothing to do with her dinner. I have read that toddlers go through this phase, so I thought nothing of it. She seemed a little cranky and we thought she was tired, so an early bedtime was looking like the only option.


After reading our books, I put her down at 7 p.m. and she was out like a light. About 45 minutes later, we heard what sounded like Ella having a hard time breathing. My 1st thought is “Oh god…her milk allergy”, so I ran in as fast as I could. As Mark and I got in there, Ella was purging everything that was in her belly. No fever, just clammy and cool.

It is so scary when you have a kiddo that is allergic to milk and you are not with her 24 hours a day to make sure she did not eat or drink anything containing milk. This time, I knew she didn’t have anything new that day, but couldn’t help worrying.

She only purged once, so I knew it was not the allergy. If it was…she is usually like Reagan from the exorcist and it is non-stop.

So, mommy cleaned Ella up and daddy cleaned her bedding and Teddy, but Ella did not want me to leave. She clung to me more than she ever has before. We sat there holding each other tight and she fell asleep in my arms. When I tried to lay her back down, she woke right up and told me to “sit sit”, so I did. I held her for an hour and half and I started to dose myself. I decided to lay a blanket down on her floor and she and I feel asleep cuddling.

Mark came in and peeked in on us, but turned around to let us be.

There is nothing worse than having a little one who is not feeling well and cannot express what it is they are feeling. I felt so bad for her, but I cherished the feeling of being needed and her not wanting me to leave her side.

She woke up this morning and seemed to be back to her old self. She drank some water and had killed 1/3 of a banana. (keeping it light, just in case) My poor lil nuggie!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment