Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Running on E

There are couple meanings to that title.  First reason - I am literally so exhausted that at any given moment I could probably fall asleep.  Second reason - Ella is what keeps me motivated....her smile, her laugh, and that sweet little voice.

It has been a week since Mark's back surgery and he is doing totally awesome!  He is up and moving around (limited still) and of course still knows how to get me busting a gut laughing with his jokes.  Although he is getting around, he is still not able to drive, bend, twist, lift or even sit for longer than 15 minutes straight.  Needless to say...things have been CRAZY busy for me! 

Mark had made the comment joking around, "See...I actually did things around here to help out!"  And you know what...he really is such a HUGE help with Ella and the house.  It's sad that his injury a few months back is what opened my eyes even more.  I always knew he was amazing  and did more than the average guy would do, but man...this is hard!  Mad respect for single mothers and fathers.  : )  

We have had a lot of offers from family and friends to help out and we appreciate it so much!  The funny thing is, I wouldn't know what people could do to help.  Haha!  It's the cleaning, cooking, errands, grocery shopping, work, daycare preparation and more.  Yes, I am the mom who prepares and portions out my child's food for the whole day.  Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are prepared for her to take to daycare the night before. This may not seem like a lot, but when your the sole person doing it?!  Nuts!

One of the hardest things is explaining to Ella that daddy cannot pick her up when she stretches her arms up and says "Uppy Uppy".  I know it breaks Mark's heart, but I keep reassuring him that it is only temporary and that before he knows it...Ella will be chassing him around trying to keep up with him. 

Mark goes to his post surgery follow up on the 19th and hopefully we get some great news.  I am just hoping for a safe and healthy recovery for him.  Ella and I pray for his recovery everynight!  He will also find out what his rehab schedule will be like.  That's maybe an opportunity that we can accept some help from family and friends. Oh and best believe when Mark is feeling better...we are going out!  Maybe a free babysitter would be a nice way to assist us.  Haha....wishful thinking!
Photobucket

2 comments: